Using only UploadWizard for uploads[επεξεργασία]
Hello! Sorry for writing in English. It was noted that on this wiki upload is not fully functional for users, who will experience a very difficult and/or illegal uploading. In fact, the licenses/copyright tags dropdown is empty, making it hard or impossible to comply with copyright requirements during upload itself.
- local "Επιφόρτωση αρχείου" restricted to the "Διαχειριστές" group (for emergency uploads) and
- the sidebar point to commons:Special:UploadWizard,
so that you can avoid local maintenance and all users can have a functioning, easy upload interface in their own language. All registered users can upload on Commons and existing files will not be affected.
All this will get done around 2014-07-03.
- If you disagree with the proposal, just remove your wiki from the list. Remember also to create MediaWiki:Licenses locally with any content (see a simple example), or uploads will be soon disabled anyway by MediaWiki itself (starting in version 1.24wmf11).
- To make the UploadWizard even better, please tell your experience and ideas on commons:Commons:Upload Wizard feedback.
Nemo 13:09, 19 Ιουνίου 2014 (UTC)
- Xoristzatziki and Flyax, does your edit mean that you don't want to upload to Commons? Nemo bis (συζήτηση) 10:34, 2 Ιουλίου 2014 (UTC)
- We've never had the chance to discuss this issue in our community. Therefor there is no consensus for or against such a rule. Ι just started a discussion, but I cannot promise we're going to have a swift vote and decision. Either way, uploading files locally was not a usual practice. Personally, I wouldn't object to ruling out local uploads; I don't see any reason to give this privilege to admins, though. --Flyax (συζήτηση) 13:13, 2 Ιουλίου 2014 (UTC)